Who We Serve
DVSN collaborates with local police departments, Hanscom AFB Security Forces, Emerson Hospital, Eliot Center, the Middlesex District Attorney’s Office, Concord District Court, and an extensive network of community agencies to provide victims of domestic violence with emotional support, risk assessment, safety planning, guidance, support groups, and connections to appropriate community resources.
90% of our clients reside in one of our 13 partner communities: Acton, Boxborough, Bedford, Carlisle, Concord, Maynard, Lexington, Lincoln, Stow, Sudbury, Wayland, Weston and Hanscom Air Force Base.
Since its inception in November 1998 through February 2021, DVSN has held nearly 20,000 sessions with clients from 180 communities throughout New England and beyond.
DVSN provides services to all clients, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, disability, or veterans’ status in ways that respect their dignity and choices and at a pace that empowers their own decision-making ability and maximizes their safety.
For the past four years, DVSN has averaged approximately 1200 referrals or requests for service annually. As of 2021, DVSN follows up on an average of 23 requests/referrals from all sources each week. DVSN has an exceptional track record in developing and implementing protocols that strongly protect client safety and confidentiality.
Victims of domestic violence, dating violence, or stalking come to DVSN from:
- Incidents reported to one of the 13 partner police departments by anyone who lives, works, or visits one of our partner towns.
- Calls to our toll free, confidential Help Line from anywhere.
- Walk‐ins to any one of the 13 partner police departments for help.
- Referrals by Emerson Hospital medical staff.
- Anyone seeking an abuse prevention order at the Concord District Court.
- Requests for accompaniment to Ayer, Framingham, Lowell, Cambridge, or any other court with jurisdiction over abuse prevention orders sought by a DVSN client.